Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #11

Isn't technology amazing. Here is another great "thing" that I had no idea existed. I signed up, added a few of my book titles, joined the Star Wars and Agatha Christie groups on the site and placed the site on my google reader page. This would be great for my students for them to find books that interest them, share common experiences with similar readers and with their classmates (if I create a subgroup only for our classroom). I also think it provides them information on similar books to books they have already read and liked. I also think I can use this program to catalog the books in my classroom to give students an easy way to find out what is available based on their needs/interests. It also can be used as a tool to prepare them for what they want to check out of the school or public libraries. I think I will sign up to get books for free in exchange for a review of those pre-released books. It might help me try new authors and by reviewing them give me additional focus during my reading.

1 comment:

  1. There are soooo many ways to use this! Keep thinking and let me know about books you review!

    ReplyDelete