Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing #23 It was fun and I made it.

I will use the questions of the Library 2 Play site to share my feelings about this enjoyable program.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I liked learning how to create video presentations even though they were my biggest challenge. I also enjoyed discovering a number of different search engines. Library Thing is a great way for me to catalog my books and find people with shared interests in my reading.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I am always excited when I can learn to use new forms of technology I may have not been familiar with or did not even know they existed. I will use these programs to open students eyes to the importance of learning technology and for keeping the curriculum fresh and interesting for my students.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I was surprised about how many different types of search engines and blog programs existed. I also feel I can transition from using my Mac at home with my PC at work without losing the ability to put together complete and fulfilling projects.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

I think this program is great but might be a little overwhelming for those less comfortable with technology. I am able to learn by toying around with programs which is encouraged by 23 things (ex. the sandbox). I think more step by step instructions might be useful to technologically hesitant individuals.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

I would definitely participate if time allowed it. I really enjoyed this program and I always want to learn more but it was time consuming and I would need a window of time to complete it. I liked that the program game us time to work on it at our own pace. I have two small children and sometimes I needed to work on this late at night when they were asleep.

How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities.

The pressure of just one word. I would say - stimulating.

Thank you very much for this opportunity. I will be using this blog to connect with my students and their families as I see this as a place families can go to share their experiences about our classroom journey.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing your summer adventure. Hope you will share some of your classroom successes with us thru your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Congratulations on finishing! I'm very excited about working with your class this year and experiencing new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I look forward to all the great experiences we will have in the library. We are visiting my sister in Tampa for some R&R and when we get back, school will be just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob,
    Wondered how you were and what was happening. Enjoyed reading your blog.

    Marsha Carlevaro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha, It is so nice to hear from you. I am doing well. I am enjoying third grade and had fun taking part in the 23 things training. What are you up to? All the best, Rob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing your 23 Things! I only have 2 left, so maybe I'll be done today :). Best of luck this year with your class. Keep me posted on how it's going.

    ReplyDelete