Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #8

I like RSS and readers for their instantaneous information without clutter. I also like the feature that allows you to read the title and first few lines only for quick searches. In my school life this could be useful during a rocket launch, a serious weather situation, quick updates on news in SBISD, relevant news stories for subject matter being covered, etc. In my personal life, I can use it for sports scores, weather updates, etc. I find this program useful in allowing students to explore news/educational items with limited distractions and minimal chance of inappropriate material coming through.

My google page is public and can be found at http://www.google.com/profiles/nygator22. Click on the link reader at the top to see my google reader page. I will categorize my links once I have more. Once the school year starts, the types of links I will add will become more evident.

1 comment:

  1. Readers do save tons of time and allow for all sorts of flexibility. There are just so many ways to use one!

    ReplyDelete